Have some fun this Halloween with these super-easy and quick Halloween Cup Cakes, made using Big Oz Sponge Mix!
These delicious, quick and easy cup cakes are made in three parts, first we make the sponge cakes then we make the fluffy and creamy vanilla frosting – and finally we decorate!
If you’re looking for cup cakes made for Halloween and over the October holidays these are prefect, ready within 30mins from start to finish!
This recipe is also vegan and veterinarian friendly, as well as one the kids will enjoy helping with!
Easy Halloween Cup Cakes - with Big Oz Sponge Mix
- Machine Bowl with Whisk
- Cup Cake Baking Tray
- Orange Cake Cases
- 280g Big Oz Sponge Mix
- 140ml water
- Place the sponge mix into a mixing bowl and select the whisk attachment
- Add 140ml of water to the mix and blend for 1 minute on medium speed
- Scrape bowl down and blend for a further 4 minutes
- Line a cup cake baking tray with cake cases - we've used orange ones for Halloween!
- Pour the cake mix batter evenly in the 4 - 6 cup cake cases
- Bake in the center of a pre-heated oven at 190C / 375F / Gas Mark 5 - for 20 - 30 mins, until risen and golden brown
- Set aside to cool, now let's make the vanilla frosting!
Vegan Vanilla Cup Cake Frosting
- 48.86g vegan butter (1 stick = 1/2 cup)
- 0.21 tsp vanilla extract
- 120-144g sifted organic powdered sugar (ensure vegan-friendly as needed)
- 19.29-25.71ml full fat coconut milk or other dairy-free milk (optional - coconut)
- Add softened vegan butter to a large mixing bowl and use an electric hand mixer to cream butter until light and fluffy – about 1 minute. Then add vanilla and mix once more to combine
- Add sifted powdered sugar in 1/2 cup measurements and continue mixing until well combined and fluffy, scraping down sides as needed
- If too thick, add 1 Tbsp at a time of dairy-free milk until desired consistency is achieved (optional)
- Get a zip-lock bag and pour the frosting in and zip up. Cut off a small corner of the bag and start squeezing the frosting onto the sponge cakes made earlier.
- Once all the sponge cakes have been frosted, add some chocolate balls or chocolate drops for eyes and a mouth
Big Oz Sponge Mix
*Please see product information on ingredients, allergens and nutrition.