Have you ever tried Millet Porridge? It’s packed with protein, nutrients and antioxidants!
Millet is also gluten-free and high in fiber, and can also help lower cholesterol and blood sugar!
Big Oz Millet Porridge
- Fine Mesh Strainer
- 1/3 cup Big Oz Millet Flakes, rinsed and drained in a fine mesh strainer
- 1/2 cup milk of choice (for example, almond or coconut; skim milk works well, too)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp raisins, optional
- Optional toppings Pure maple syrup, honey, or sweetener of choice; sliced bananas, peaches, berries, or fruit of choice; nuts of choice, shredded coconut
- In a small saucepan, combine the millet through optional raisins and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook at a very low simmer for 20-25 minutes, without stirring, or until the liquid is absorbed and the millet is the consistency of oatmeal or cream of wheat.
- Remove from the heat, drizzle with maple syrup or desired sweetener, and add toppings of choice.
Big Oz Millet Flakes – Available Online
Big Oz Millet Flakes are available to buy online direct from our website.
Our popular blend of rolled wholegrain, flaked millet cereal is cholesterol-free, high in fiber and protein. Beautifully blended to be utterly delicious as they are, or topped with your favorite topping.
Keep a look out for more millet recipes and serving suggestions.
More Details / Get in Touch